Only 5% of out every person that joins a Network Marketing Company becomes successful after a year. Sad to say, I was part of the 90% that failed.
Exactly 1 year and 8 months ago, I joined my first Business Opportunity. I found investors, attended the trainings but ended up failing after a year.
I lost a lot of money(the reason why I’m broke), burnt some bridges and even lost the trust of my dear parents. I became a total wreck. But even though this disappointing failure brought me into deep state of sadness, I decided to make it as an opportunity to grow and be better.
So I listed 4 things that I learned from this temporary setback, and hopefully it can guide your way to success.
#1 Be Genuinely Interested, Excited, Happy & Passionate.
You can say “I’m happy” but it does not mean you truly happy.
We had really great products, a great compensation and great mentors but I did not have genuinely 100% belief in what I was doing. I had doubts on sharing the opportunity, question on whether products really worked and even doubts if I could reach my goals with the company.
Genuine interest affects your attitude towards anything. Without it, success will be your worst enemy and failure as your best friend.
With whatever you do make sure you are Genuinely Happy, Genuinely Excited, Genuinely Interested and Genuinely
Passionate about it.
#2 Get a Mentor, Listen & Do as told.
A mentor will be there to guide and support you but they are only responsible for 5% of your success, you take care of the remaining 95%.
Mentors are your living proof that it can be done. This people have what you want.They can be your successful UPLINE in network marketing, the champion basketball coach, a success real estate investor or award winning actor.
I was fortunate to have a mentor but I wasn’t able to grasp the idea how this things work. I did not work with him closely, I did not do told me to ac on, I made my own decisions and chose what I wanted to listen and follow. I failed to realized that I was the director of my success not him. I was the one who should be doing all the action not him.
# 3 Comfort is an Enemy of Success.
Comfort kills! If your goal in life is to be comfortable, I guarantee two things. First, you will never be rich. Second, you will never be happy. Happiness doesn’t come from living a lukewarm life, always wondering what could have been. Happiness comes as a result of being in our natural state of growth and living up to our fullest potential.-T. Harv Eker
One of my fears are selling and promoting. It’s is one of the things I don’t like other than school. But in Business it is undesputably the two most important aspects we need to master.For two years, I was not able to conquer that fear. Every time I try I flinched. I was afraid because it was uncomfortable. The thought of being uncomfortable froze me up and thus resulted in my inaction and failure.
To expand our horizon and in order for us to reach our maximum potential , we will break our personal comfort zone levels. This is why there are the rich and poor, it’s is a result of how far you are willing to extend and push yourself.
#4 Excellence is a Habit, Habits take times to Change and Form
Follow Excellence….Success will chase you down.-3 Idiots
Excellence is a habit. Habits is what made you right now. When you do something to the fullest of your potential every single time, you build discipline and mental pattern. It will be engrained in your subconscious and will be brought to other things you do. This is called the habit of being excellent every time. It becomes you. It is the same with being mediocre.
This is why their are people who succeed immediately and their are people who takes too long. But Good News, excellence can be learned but it can take you months or years.
My Parting Words
We must be aware that failures are only stumbles along the road of success. Instead of seeing it as a setback, see it as a way for us to grow, be better and succeed faster.
Successful People like Thomas Edison, Walt Disney and many other have failed too and they fell down a hundred or even a thousand times than you.